Thursday, June 7, 2012

Singapore Flyer

On thursday a group of us went to the Singapore Flyer! The Singapore Flyer is the world's largest observation wheel. Basically it is just an enormous ferris wheel situated on Marina Bay, overlooking the ocean, downtown Singapore and beyond! We took the MRT to downtown and stopped for a bite to eat and some pictures. I had never seen the downtown area in the day before; it was just as pretty during the day than it is at night.



We wanted to get on the flyer in time to see sunset, but with a couple group mix ups, that didn't happen. Luckily the views are amazing no matter what! The bottom floor of the flyer building was designed to be a miniature Singapore, with famous street signs and even a little rainforest!

view of the flyer from below

miniature rainforest under the flyer

Before entering the flyer there was a little museum. I'm not really sure what the point was, but it was kind of cool.

tunnel into the museum

I'm not quite sure what this was

Finally we got into our pod! The pods hold up to 28 people, but we only had around 10 in ours. As soon as the doors shut I remembered I have a fear of ferris wheels; I am always afraid that the cars are going to fall off! After a few minutes of hyperventilating I calmed down and was able to enjoy the incredible views!



No comments:

Post a Comment